Ir al primer mensaje no leído

joesm...@gmail.com

no leída,
26 mar 2016, 3:45:52 p.m.26/3/16
para VPython-users
I am trying to run vpython with Spyder (Python 3.5).  When I run programs, no graphics show up.   I have two lines of code "from vpython import sphere" and "sphere()".   I do not get any error messages, the kernel says it ran the program, but nothing happens.

If I create a jupyter notebook things work fine.  I would just like to be able to run things through spyder if possible.

Bruce Sherwood

no leída,
26 mar 2016, 6:16:24 p.m.26/3/16
para VPython-users
I know nothing about Spyder, but here's how Jupyter VPython works:

Your Python program running in a local server sends commands such as "create a box at this location with this color" to a browser that is running a Jupyter notebook, where a JavaScript program creates a 3D box object using the GlowScript WebGL libraries. The Jupyter notebook is essential for communicating with a browser, and running in a browser is essential, because WebGL is a browser mechanism.

Aaron Titus

no leída,
26 mar 2016, 7:01:38 p.m.26/3/16
para vpytho...@googlegroups.com
If using Spyder as your editor is important, then you will have to use VPython Classic and use Python 2.7. I recommend installing Anaconda and then installing vpython using Matt Craig’s installer:

conda install -c mwcraig vpython

However, Maximus Miridius reports at:

that this broke Spyder. Thus, I recommend trying it in an Anaconda environment.  To create an environment, see:

Aaron

On Mar 26, 2016, at 3:45 PM, joesm...@gmail.com wrote:

I am trying to run vpython with Spyder (Python 3.5).  When I run programs, no graphics show up.   I have two lines of code "from vpython import sphere" and "sphere()".   I do not get any error messages, the kernel says it ran the program, but nothing happens.

If I create a jupyter notebook things work fine.  I would just like to be able to run things through spyder if possible.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos