Lag when using mouse to change perspective in vPython window. OS X

Brandon Case

Sep 9, 2016, 9:38:30 AM9/9/16
to VPython-users
Hello, and thank you for taking a look.

I am helping a few students get vPython up and running and have encountered an annoyance on only three MacBook Pro laptops (including mine).  vPython animations play very smoothly, but when trying to use the mouse to change view perspective, the window lags badly.

We all have this in common:
MacBook Pro Early 2015
Graphics Card:  Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB

One student is running 10.10.5 and the other is on 10.11.  I am on 10.11.6.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be very appreciated.  Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you.

Brandon Case

Sep 9, 2016, 9:39:22 AM9/9/16
to VPython-users
I should have added...  Python version 2.7.11 and the newest vPython.

Bruce Sherwood

Sep 9, 2016, 11:37:17 AM9/9/16
to VPython-users
That's an unfamiliar problem. I'm not sure what it will tell us, but can you run the example programs at glowscript.org, which does the 3D graphics in a very different way from Classic VPython, being GPU-based?