Reporting with Eclipse BIRT and Java Objects (POJO's) - Tutorial

Thomas B

Apr 27, 2010, 7:43:12 AM4/27/10
to vogella
Hello Lars,

thank you for this nice tutorial. Unfortunately the capter "9.
Deploying in Eclipse RCP application" didn't worked for me. I got in
the Report Viewer a Exception.

I use BIRT All In One: Latest BIRT Report Designer Release Build:
2.5.2
I found a soulition on the page
http://www.tutorials.de/forum/enterprise-java-jee-j2ee-spring-co/357774-integration-birt-webviewer-rcp.html
it's the post 16.04.10, 15:14 from tomtom77.

So I just changed the version 2.5.0 to 2.5.2:
org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer;bundle-version="2.5.2",
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html;bundle-version="2.5.2",

and added:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.javascript;bundle-
version="2.5.2",
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.config;bundle-
version="2.5.2",

in the MANIFEST.MF

ERRORS in Report Viewer:

Multiple exceptions occurred:
Stack Trace:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:
1215)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:
1167)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.openDataEngine(ExecutionContext.java:
848)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:
220)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:
85)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:
1307)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:
158)

ERRORS in Eclipse console:

27.04.2010 13:09:29 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask
doRun
SCHWERWIEGEND: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ReportExecutor.execute(ReportExecutor.java:
123)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportExecutor.execute(WrappedReportExecutor.java:
60)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportEmitterExecutor.java:
77)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportExecutor.execute(WrappedReportExecutor.java:
60)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplciateReportExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplciateReportExecutor.java:
42)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportExecutor.execute(WrappedReportExecutor.java:
60)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:
61)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:
234)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:
252)

Regards Thomas B

Lars Vogel

Apr 27, 2010, 1:05:33 PM4/27/10
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I currently not actively using BIRT and I'm a bit overloaded. Once Eclipse 3.6 is out I'm planning to correct and update the tutorial.

Sorry, Lars

2010/4/27 Thomas B <thomas...@gmx.net>

--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming

Lars Vogel

Apr 27, 2010, 1:06:24 PM4/27/10
to vog...@googlegroups.com
BTW: From you posting it is not clear to me, if you solved the problem or if you still have the problem.

2010/4/27 Thomas B <thomas...@gmx.net>

--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

Thomas B

Apr 29, 2010, 3:00:33 AM4/29/10
to vogella
Hi Lars,

I solved the problem an my solution is.

"So I just changed the version from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2:

On 27 Apr., 19:06, Lars Vogel <lars.vo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> BTW: From you posting it is not clear to me, if you solved the problem or if
> you still have the problem.
>
> 2010/4/27 Thomas B <thomasbill...@gmx.net>
>

> > Hello Lars,
>
> > thank you for this nice tutorial. Unfortunately the capter "9.
> > Deploying in Eclipse RCP application" didn't worked for me. I got in
> > the Report Viewer a Exception.
>
> > I use BIRT All In One: Latest BIRT Report Designer Release Build:
> > 2.5.2
> > I found a soulition on the page
>
> >http://www.tutorials.de/forum/enterprise-java-jee-j2ee-spring-co/3577...
> > vogella+u...@googlegroups.com<vogella%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>