eclipse rcp and jfreechart dataset problem

gregor

Jun 6, 2010, 11:11:56 AM6/6/10
to vogella
hi,

i found your eclipse-rcp jfreechart tutorial and try to go trough it.
tutorial: http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseJFreeChart/article.html

when i start a clean eclipse-rcp with one default view it works. then
i but the code like in the tutorial described, with the
jfreechartlib's 1.0.13, in the client ant started it i get these
exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jfree/data/category/
CategoryDataset
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)

when i try the other chart i get a similar problem that points to the
dataset.

what could be the problem?

king regards
gregor

Lars Vogel

Jun 7, 2010, 2:15:58 AM6/7/10
to vogella
Hi,

sounds like the JFreeChart is not in your classpath. Did you convert it to a plugin and exported all classes?

Best regards, Lars

2010/6/6 gregor <binder...@gmail.com>

Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

gregor

Jun 7, 2010, 5:30:41 AM6/7/10
to vogella
thx, now it works perfect :-)

should i export these new plugin project for jfreechart to a jar so
that i can include it to my project and share it with my other
colleagues. so that they didn't have to open the jfreechart-lib-
project?
or whats the best way to use it in a team project?

gregor

Lars Vogel

Jun 7, 2010, 8:09:07 AM6/7/10
to vogella
Hi,

I used the oppertunity to update the tutorial:

Also the Jar to plugin Tutorial has been updated.

The best way to share this plugin is to check it into a version control and the other check it out.

Best regards, Lars

2010/6/7 gregor <binder...@gmail.com>

gregor

gregor

Jun 8, 2010, 3:35:57 PM6/8/10
to vogella
msg again (strange that my message are posted above)
thanks for the fast help
now it works perfect and my gui looks really nice with the chart.

greetings
gregor

gregor

Jun 8, 2010, 3:35:13 PM6/8/10