Please help: "Error authenticating: You are not entitled to use the system" - what to do?

meejahoar

Feb 18, 2010, 12:24:47 PM2/18/10
to vmware-view-open-client
I have been using VMWare Open Client (the version that was released in
June 2009, doesn't have a version number, when it actually opens up it
is called VMWare View Open Client) with Mac OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
for a couple of weeks without major incident.

Today I cannot get onto the system at all and I have started getting
the following error message when I try to log on: "Error
authenticating: You are not entitled to use the system".

I have never had this before. I have tried restarting my machine and
reinstalling the software: nothing. My helpdesk has checked that
nothing on my account is locked. Has anyone experienced this problem
and if so how did you resolve it? THANKS.

Liz

jacob berkman

Feb 19, 2010, 6:20:35 PM2/19/10
to vmware-view...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM, meejahoar <meej...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I cannot get onto the system at all and I have started getting
> the following error message when I try to log on: "Error
> authenticating: You are not entitled to use the system".

This error means that the server doesn't have any desktops entitled to you.

One subtle way this could happen is if all of your entitled desktops
are only being made available through a protocol your client doesn't
support.

Since the Mac client only supports RDP, if your desktops only allow
PCoIP, I believe you could get this message.

If that's not the problem let me know.

Thanks,
-- jacob

meejahoar

Feb 19, 2010, 7:54:55 PM2/19/10
to vmware-view-open-client
Thanks, Jacob.

I've asked my helpdesk at work to look into this.

The thing is... it was all working fine on Tuesday of this week (and
for several weeks before that), and then suddenly the error message
appeared on Thursday even tho' I hadn't changed anything (from my
end).

Doesn't that seem to indicate that the problem is at the work end, not
the home end (the Mac)?

Thank you again, much appreciate your help.

Liz

meejahoar

Feb 21, 2010, 8:06:45 AM2/21/10
to vmware-view-open-client
Okay, bizarrely last night/early this morning the system is now
working fine. This seems to me to indicate that something in the
system at work was, er, "stuck", if that makes sense. However would
like my helpdesk to work out what it was so if it happens again they
can fix it!

Thanks again for your help, Jacob, please do let me know if you think
of anything else.

Liz