""You have received a new fa""

Supro Ghose

Jan 23, 2015, 12:09:06 PM1/23/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Checking to see how many people have seen this "You have received a new fa" phsihing email and the resultant malware (https://malwr.com/analysis/YzMzNWFhMWFlMmM5NGU0NDljMTY4NmVhNjFhMjVlZjc/)

Derek Peldo

Jan 23, 2015, 3:12:48 PM1/23/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Saw that come through yesterday. Submitted a sample to microsoft yesterday morning and now microsofts system center endpoint protection detects it today. I blocked payload urls about an hour before our first user tried to install it. Also blocked the subject line in exchange and all is well.

BobsMn

Jan 23, 2015, 3:59:03 PM1/23/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
I too saw it yesterday.

Robert Mayer III

Jan 26, 2015, 10:55:52 AM1/26/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Do you happen to have a list of the payload URLs handy? I could use them as well.

Thanks!

Carlyle Christensen

Jan 26, 2015, 11:24:08 AM1/26/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Dealt with it on Friday, I created a SPAM filter rule based on subject line and email body to quarantine any inbound or outbound that matches.  Also created an Exchange transport rule to send me a notification for message approval if subject line or body matched email was attempted to be delivered from an internal to internal to prevent any more spread.

So far so good.

We also forced an update of endpoint protection and full scan on users computers, as of this morning Microsoft Endpoint seems to be cleaning it.