Code to return only the detection rate?

Adam M

Jan 30, 2015, 12:36:46 PM1/30/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com

I have access to a Private API key.  I'm writing a file scraper and I want to pipe each of the collected MD5's through the VT API to return only the detection rates - example: 14/47 or  40/40  or  0/40

I've read up on the various pages and have seen the python example to pull down "retrieving file scan reports"  ( https://www.virustotal.com/en/documentation/public-api )

But, that seems like a lot of code simply to return the detection rate, so I'm wondering if someone has an easier way.  A simple call would be ideal.

My script is in BASH, so anything compatible (most) is a plus.

Balasubramaniam Natarajan

Jan 30, 2015, 2:25:16 PM1/30/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Another simpler solution would be to do a nslookup of md5sum against cymru.  There might be other easier answers with VT.

--
Regards,
Balasubramaniam Natarajan