My Files are not viruses...

Matthew Jenkinson

May 18, 2015, 5:11:28 AM5/18/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Long story short I'm trying to upload my program to this site and it uses your virus checking website. I've made some changes but still, every time it gets flagged by Tencent.

So this means my file won't get published on the site.
I can't exactly go to tencent because I will want to upload different versions so would have to go to them each time.

Can I ask for it to be white-listed by virus total?
I did send an email yesterday and am awaiting a reply.

Any help is appreciated.

Emiliano Martinez

May 18, 2015, 5:13:30 AM5/18/15
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

VirusTotal just lists the verdicts of different antivirus solutions and URL scanners, it does not take any action itself and hence we do not whitelist/blacklist as we do not provide any verdicts ourselves. Moreover, even if we were able to whitelist the file, it would still be unusable for customers of Tencent and, hence, it would be of little help.

Regards.

Choose a file, check it with more than 50 antivirus, fast and easy: http://www.virustotal.com
---

Autokeybot

Aug 12, 2015, 5:17:32 AM8/12/15
to VirusTotal
I had the same problem with my software.
Send an E-mail to their support and a sample of your file.
Label the E-mail "False positive" and they should be able to fix it and "white-list" your file if it is clean.