Linking to a url scan result

billy...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 11:40:04 AM4/28/16
to VirusTotal

I want to link someone to virustotal.com's results for a given url.

500 - An error occurred while processing your request

Does VirusTotal block s3 urls from scanning?  Or does something about s3 cause breakage?

I want to send people links to files in s3, and also send them a link that they can easily click to examine that file with virustotal before opening the link itself.

Emiliano Martinez

Apr 28, 2016, 11:42:25 AM4/28/16
to virus...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This is not the way to link to the results of a given URL, as this would trigger a rescan for each of your users, instead, you should be linking to the report itself:
So this would become:

Regards.

Choose a file, check it with more than 50 antivirus, fast and easy: http://www.virustotal.com
---

billy...@gmail.com

May 10, 2016, 3:39:10 AM5/10/16
to VirusTotal
I don't want a rescan every time they click. But I think more than likely they're only going to click once if ever.

How should I form a link that will display results if they already exist, and scan a url if its not already been scanned?

Am I correct in understanding this is the default behavior of using virustotal's site by hand?