Has anyone ever heard of an Alzheimer's (PC) virus?

Paul JR Bastings

May 6, 2016, 1:42:57 AM5/6/16
to VirusTotal
Has anyone ever heard of an Alzheimer (PC) virus?
(This virus let the PC forget where it stored your files)

I heard today from an Facebook friend about this (strange) virus/malware and do not know if this is bullshit or some stupid joke. (But now am curious and want to now it)

I can not find anything about this in my own virus/malware databases and also the Bitdefender databases has nothing about this virus. (Not even sure or it's the official virus name)

Christian Kitts

May 10, 2016, 3:38:11 AM5/10/16
to VirusTotal
Try to try a free product like virus remover or online scanner from the company eset.com

Dňa piatok, 6. mája 2016 7:42:57 UTC+2 Paul JR Bastings napísal(-a):

Brian Nakamoto

May 10, 2016, 3:40:30 AM5/10/16
to VirusTotal
Ransomware can appear to make your PC "forget" where it stored files when it encrypts them. Malware in general can intentionally or unintentionally delete, move or rename files, or corrupt caches or filesystems.

-Brian

C. L. music

Mar 29, 2017, 8:08:01 PM3/29/17
to VirusTotal
I have heard of it, it's an older virus. but like most virus programs out there, they are simple programs started by company employees to help keep their companys busy. Lol..