VICUNA Compiling issue, NCBI Toolkit v12, 64bit Ubuntu 14.01 LTS

Sean Brimer

Oct 7, 2014, 3:31:32 PM10/7/14
to viral-to...@googlegroups.com
Hello Group,

I have read the documentation and the threads from other people who have had a similar issue however I have not been able to figure out a solution. I was not able to ge the NCBI Toolkit v7, however a previous thread said that the 12 was working so I am hoping that is not the issue. When I compile VICUNA using the make command from the documintation I recieve this error

sean@LEN320:/usr/local/src/VICUNA_v1.3/src$ make
/usr/bin/g++ -fopenmp -O3 -I/usr/local/include/ncbi-tools++ -L/usr/local/lib *.cpp -o ../bin/vicuna-omp-v1.0 -lpthread -lxalgoalignnw -ltables -lxobjmgr -lgenome_collection -lseqset -lseqedit -lseq -lseqcode -lsequtil -lpub -lmedline -lbiblio -lgeneral -lxser -lxutil -lxncbir/local

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxncbir/local

I'm still learning linux however I feel I followed the directions correctly and installed the toolkit, export the path, and now I seem to be missing a library or I have missed a step. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. I feel like I am missing something simple.

Thanks
Sean

Sean Brimer

Oct 8, 2014, 5:44:32 PM10/8/14
to viral-to...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group,

For whatever reason Xiao's reply didn't show up here he said to install the NCBI toolkit 7 and gave me the archive link, however I am still stuck because I am not able to compile the corelib I keep receiving the following error

make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ncbi_cxx--7_0_0/GCC480-DebugOptMTDLL64/build/corelib'
FAILED: src/corelib/Makefile.corelib.lib
make[4]: *** [all.nonusr] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ncbi_cxx--7_0_0/GCC480-DebugOptMTDLL64/build/corelib'
make[3]: *** [all.real] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ncbi_cxx--7_0_0/GCC480-DebugOptMTDLL64/build/corelib'
make[2]: *** [all_r.needs-reqs] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ncbi_cxx--7_0_0/GCC480-DebugOptMTDLL64/build/corelib'
make[1]: *** [all_r.real] Error 5
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ncbi_cxx--7_0_0/GCC480-DebugOptMTDLL64/build'
make: *** [all_r.needs-reqs] Error 2

I feel pretty sure the issues is the highlighted region of code. If any of you had this issue for the install, how did you get around it?

Dave La

Jan 28, 2016, 2:31:33 PM1/28/16
to Broad Viral Tool Users
Hey Sean,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  I am also having the same install trying to compile NCBI Toolkit 7.

Thanks.

Sean Brimer

Jan 29, 2016, 10:22:24 PM1/29/16
to viral-to...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I'm so sorry for the late reply, in short I did not and moved on. There is a pre-compiled version in the files as well, but I had issue with it and we the project went in a different direction so I didn't get to play with it. They have developed a viral-ngs pipeline which you can find here: https://github.com/broadinstitute/viral-ngs

I have not played with this either but it might be helpful.

again I'm sorry for not responding earlier

Good Luck