CupcakeCNC stopps for short periods

Paul Höfler

Oct 24, 2016, 3:51:33 PM10/24/16
to Vintage Makerbot
Hi!
My CupcakeCNC stopps for short periods while printing and starts again since Update to Kubuntu 16.10 (was on 16.04 before).
I'm using Sailfish and printing with USB, and I didn't have this problem before the update.
Did anyone experience that before and has any solution to it?

(Also I cant seem to find the skeinforge setting that turns of circling after the raft)

Best regards, Paul

Dan Laskowski

Oct 25, 2016, 9:49:32 PM10/25/16
to Vintage Makerbot
I run my Cupcakes from the SD card, so can't comment on USB.  I know that monitoring temperature is CPU intensive and might affect performance over USB.

No idea what might have changed between versions of Kbuntu.  FYI: I'm running Ubuntu [16.04] on an old laptop and no problems printing from SD card with temperature reporting turned on.

Paul Höfler

Oct 28, 2016, 12:26:35 PM10/28/16
to Vintage Makerbot
Maybe I should also start printing from SD Card. It' s just funny because it used to work without problems.
I doubt that it has todo with my laptops CPU because it used to run fine on 16.04 on my current laptop (where the CPU max while printing is 5%) and also used to run fine on a much older laptop with all Kubuntu Version running back to 2012.
Probably there was some change in the new Linux Kernel version regarding the USB stack.

Btw the reason for the circling was rather out of sheer stupidity, I fiddled around with Cool...