ThingOmatic Parts!

Tom Hansen

Nov 7, 2013, 9:24:14 AM11/7/13
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Ive got some ThingOmatic parts if anyone is interested! I might put them on ebay so if you wanna get them at purchase price contact me sooner then later! All new never used parts still in bag!

MakerBot Gen 4 Electronics kit- $370 (1)

Makerbot ThingOmatic Heater v1.1- 40 (2)

Stepper motor driver v3.3- 39 (1)

NEMA 17 Hybrid stepper motor- 21 (2)

threaded rod NEMA 17 stepper- 62 (1)

NEMA 17 cork gasket pack- 5 (1)

XY motor pulley for 5mm shaft- 7 (2)

MK6 plus heater upgrade kit- 75 (1)

MK6 nozzle teflon coated .40mm- 20 (1)

MK5/MK6 thermal barrier tube- 10 (1)

MK5/MK6 drive gear upgrade kit- 24 (2)

mechanical endstop v1.2 (set of 3)- 30 (1)

-Tom

Juan Gutierrez

Nov 10, 2013, 1:37:53 PM11/10/13
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in the Makerbot ThingOmatic Heater v1.1

j Mills

Feb 25, 2014, 7:10:43 PM2/25/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
nozzles?
I'm a tech teacher in need of nozzles? any help in locating them would be greatly appreciated.
J Mills
Henry Abbott Tech
Manufacturing Technologies

Jetguy

Feb 27, 2014, 10:37:28 AM2/27/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
It's all but impossible to find MK5 and MK6 nozzles these days. They simply are no longer made.

The truth is, you might as well just move on to another setup like a MK7 clone and 1.75mm filament. It's cheap wnough now and you can even use that MK6 motor and drive gear.

I don't work for QU0BD but build a heck of a lot of bots for folks using their parts. If you want, send me an email (either reply to author or you can click on my name to get my email).

Tom Hansen

Feb 27, 2014, 10:43:01 AM2/27/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi J,

Sorry I didn't see your message. I should still have the nozzle, I will check when I get home tonight.

-Tom

pe...@yatton.me.uk

Dec 1, 2014, 1:21:52 PM12/1/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
I would like a new heated bed for my thingomatic shipped to the UK. Can you give me a price?
Peter Lane

James McCracken

Dec 1, 2014, 2:11:35 PM12/1/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Little late to the party peter, this was from last year.

If you need a new heated bed there are three options:

a) Makerbot will sell you one (might have to call them if you can't find it on the web store)
b) You can get one etched - there were even designs for an open source version at one point
c) You can make your own.  I did for my cupcake.  Makergear sells most of the pieces http://www.makergear.com/products/plastruder-replacement-parts - Nichrome wire is the fundamental heating element.  My heated bed is basically a length of Nichrome wire epoxied to the steel from an old computer case, and all three of the insulation products they offer sandwiched underneath.  I used their hot end epoxy... which is no longer available as they don't use it in assembly...

Dan Newman

Dec 1, 2014, 2:14:50 PM12/1/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com

> b) You can get one etched - there were even designs for an open source
> version at one point

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16958

Dan

Dan Newman

Dec 1, 2014, 2:16:30 PM12/1/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Or,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MakerBot-Thing-O-matic-Heater-Board-v1-1-RepRap-heatbed-/281285214239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417de7c01f

I don't know if that also includes the electronics or not which are soldered to the board (a few little parts).

Dan

Tom Hansen

Dec 2, 2014, 11:52:05 PM12/2/14
to vintage-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Peter,

I can ship it in a flat rate box USPS for $25, so 25+40= $65 total

-Tom

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM, <pe...@yatton.me.uk> wrote:

Message has been deleted