What programming languages do people on here use?

Kamal Marhubi

Apr 17, 2013, 2:34:04 PM4/17/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for joining the list. To get the discussion rolling: I'm
preparing an outline for my intro / demo of text objects. To keep it
relevant to the group, I wanted to get an idea of language use here, so
that I can throw in useful examples and pointers to some plugins that
help.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you on Monday—or later if you can't
make it this time.

-K

PS Vous pouvez répondre en français aussi!

Jean-Rene David

Apr 17, 2013, 7:31:42 PM4/17/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
I've been known to program in C, C++, shell, Perl, Python, LaTeX, in roughly decreasing frequency order (C/C++ are on top because I use them at work; I don't really write C at home).

See you geeks soon,

JR

JR

Alexandre Croteau-Pothier

Apr 17, 2013, 7:57:20 PM4/17/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
I mainly use Ruby and JavaScript
ALEXANDRE CROTEAU-POTHIER WEB DEVELOPER
18D39D8E-7622-43ED-957D-E3CA7053A45D.png

Gary Haran

May 27, 2013, 3:18:16 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Mostly Ruby, Coffeescript.

Christian Lavoie

May 27, 2013, 3:21:46 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com

Haskell, Perl, C++, SQL. By choice anyway. Otherwise, w/e the client asks for.

Mathieu Martin

May 27, 2013, 4:16:30 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Ruby, JavaScript, CoffeeScript, bash :-)

Mat

--
Rock Solid Ops: development & operations consulting for Ruby on Rails

Mathieu Bérubé

May 27, 2013, 4:18:38 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Mostly ruby, javascript, coffeescript

From time to time python, scala

Kamal Marhubi

May 27, 2013, 4:28:15 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Where were you all last month?! This was an intended as an informal poll
for my text objects talk, to show relevant stuff.

But now that I think about it, this is great to get ideas for plugin
presentations. Any of you ruby / coffeescipt folks feel like doing
something next month? There sure are a bunch of you! :)

Christian—anything good for haskell? I've only got syntax highlighting
at the moment. Perl could be cool too, and invite the perlmongers!

-K

Mathieu Bérubé

May 27, 2013, 4:34:41 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't come last month :)

I don't use that much ruby-specific plugins, mostly just text-editing plugins.

When is the next meeup?

Kamal Marhubi

May 27, 2013, 4:45:34 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu Bérubé

"Mathieu Bérubé" <mathieu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't come last month :)
> [...]
> When is the next meeup?

It's in 1h15. Did I seriously forget to announce it on the Google discussion list? I did announced it plus a reminder on the announcement list. Argh. Organisation fail! :(

I hope some here can make it even if they didn't hear about it yet. I'm learning this organisation stuff. It'll get better.

-Kamal

Kamal Marhubi

May 27, 2013, 4:48:46 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu Bérubé
See https://vimtl.eventbrite.ca/ for details. Just ignore the ticket sales have ended nonsense. Hope you can make it despite the last minuteness of this.

Christian Lavoie

May 27, 2013, 4:53:11 PM5/27/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Kamal Marhubi <ka...@marhubi.com> wrote:
> Where were you all last month?! This was an intended as an informal poll
> for my text objects talk, to show relevant stuff.
>
> But now that I think about it, this is great to get ideas for plugin
> presentations. Any of you ruby / coffeescipt folks feel like doing
> something next month? There sure are a bunch of you! :)
>
> Christian—anything good for haskell? I've only got syntax highlighting
> at the moment. Perl could be cool too, and invite the perlmongers!

Not that I know of. I avoid customizing vim too much, since I end up
connecting to new machines more or less every day (side effect of
being a consultant, I don't have the luxury of only using my own
machine, or customize each of the dozens I see every month). So my vim
usage is, by design, pretty vanilla.

Have fun, Christian
http://linkedin.christianlavoie.net

"I won't let you fall apart."