May 27th - The .vimrc Antiques Roadshow

Drew Neil

May 2, 2014, 6:19:43 AM5/2/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Our next meetup will take place on May 27th. Alex Pounds has stepped up to run a session called “The .vimrc Antiques Roadshow”. This is audience participation without the cringing sing-along. To get involved, find the one thing in your .vimrc that you’re most proud of (the one you would take with you to a desert island) and email it to al...@alexpounds.com Alex will collect the greatest hits and present them at our next meetup. More details here:

-----

Our vim configuration files are grown, not made. We add to them over time and give them little thought, but they contain nuggets of wisdom and shortcuts that massively simplify our work.  This month, Vim London is doing a .vimrc show and tell, co-ordinated by Alex Pounds (@acreature). He'll show you his own .vimrc & take you on a tour through the audience .vimrcs, pointing out the cool bits and suggesting areas for improvement.

To prepare, send Alex your .vimrc file, along with a line or two about bits you think are particularly useful or bits you'd like to improve

Drew Neil

May 12, 2014, 7:59:16 AM5/12/14
to viml...@googlegroups.com
You can now RSVP for our May meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Vim-London/events/180210842/

This is audience participation without the cringing sing-along. To get involved, find the one thing in your .vimrc that you’re most proud of (the one you would take with you to a desert island) and email it to al...@alexpounds.com Alex will collect the greatest hits and present them at this meetup. Or you can send the whole .vimrc file if you prefer!