Video hosting for VimLondon

Drew Neil

May 1, 2013, 11:27:58 AM5/1/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Good news everyone: the video recordings from last night's event turned out alright. The fans are spinning on my machine right now as I export them to a format suitable for the web.

I'm looking for a place to host these videos. My first thought was Vimeo, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone has any better ideas?

Drew

Matt Southerden

May 1, 2013, 12:24:01 PM5/1/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com

I agree. A vimeo channel would be a good plane to start.

I see no reason why we wouldn't also snaffle up the vimlondon YouTube channel and post them there as well. The more exposure, he better. :)

Sorry I couldn't make it in the end last night. I was hoping I would be able to lend a hand with setting up, recording, etc. Unfortunately I had to do an interview.

Matt

Matt Southerden

May 1, 2013, 12:25:23 PM5/1/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell I typed that on my phone? :-S

Drew Neil

May 1, 2013, 12:47:53 PM5/1/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
That's a good point, there's no reason to not upload the vids to multiple hosts. I was also thinking of uploading them to bitcast.io (beta):

Drew

Drew Neil

May 2, 2013, 8:18:22 AM5/2/13
to viml...@googlegroups.com
Videos from our April meetup are all up on Vimeo now: