need help getting things working

dwight nwaigwe

Feb 7, 2014, 11:39:08 AM2/7/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, this is my first time using VIM  in a few  years (used it when it was VI) and I'm trying to get vim fireplace running but am running into problems. I'm not able
to start a REPL. The only plugin working (perhaps it was already built-in VIM) is clojure file editng.  I'm on Windows XP on a computer with no internet access.

When I go to the command prompt (by typing cqc) and type anything i get "Error detected while processing function <SNR>20_inputeval...foreplay#_echo_session_
eval...foreplay#session_eval<SNR>20_eval..6

E605:Exception not caught: Error running Clojure: Error: Could not find or load main class clojure.main^@..."

Any ideas?

thanks

guns

Feb 8, 2014, 4:23:50 AM2/8/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi dwight,

Did you start an nREPL server before evaluating with fireplace? I'm
not sure how it works on Windows, but you should be able start one by
executing `lein repl` in the same directory as your project.clj file.

guns

dwight nwaigwe

Mar 5, 2014, 9:44:37 AM3/5/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi guns,

Sorry for the late response. I got caught up in something and forgot I posted here! If I type "lein repl" I get a  classNotFoundException for clojure.set

guns

Mar 5, 2014, 9:50:12 AM3/5/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com, dwight nwaigwe
On Wed 5 Mar 2014 at 06:44:37AM -0800, dwight nwaigwe wrote:

> Sorry for the late response. I got caught up in something and forgot
> I posted here! If I type "lein repl" I get a classNotFoundException for
> clojure.set

Does this happen if you use a minimal project.clj like the following?

(defproject foo "0.0.1-SNAPSHOT"
:dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.5.1"]])

If it does, then I'd suggest removing your local maven repository (it's
~/.m2/repository on Unixy systems) before executing `lein repl`. This
will allow leiningen to download fresh copies of Clojure artifacts.

guns

dwight nwaigwe

Mar 5, 2014, 11:51:20 AM3/5/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com, dwight nwaigwe
It still happens. My computer has no internet access so leiningen can't download anything.

guns

Mar 5, 2014, 12:02:32 PM3/5/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com, dwight nwaigwe
I presume then that you are sending this email from a public terminal.

If you are able, you can run leiningen from this computer, then copy the
maven repository to a USB drive for later installation.

Also, here's is a direct link to Clojure 1.5.1:

http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/clojure/clojure/1.5.1/clojure-1.5.1.jar

Good luck
guns

dwight nwaigwe