Timeout in redl / fireplace

Meikel Brandmeyer

Sep 27, 2013, 3:55:00 AM9/27/13
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using vim-redl, but I run into trouble lately. I want to do some processing which may take some time. Firing off a future would be possible, but then I have to check the future repeatedly. I don't mind vim being blocked until the computation is done. Is there a way to change the timeout? There is Var with a promising name, but changing its value didn't help. So I suspect there must be a separate value in fireplace somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Meikel

David Greenberg

Sep 28, 2013, 9:50:05 AM9/28/13
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
There's this value here, which controls one of the repl timeout parameters: https://github.com/dgrnbrg/redl/blob/master/src/redl/core.clj#L195

There might be another timeout in Fireplace (I just searched through all the code, but can't seem to find it), but the one above is what gives the usual REPL timeout errors.

Meikel Brandmeyer

Sep 29, 2013, 6:00:39 AM9/29/13
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
David,

Am 28.09.2013 15:50, schrieb David Greenberg:
> There's this value here, which controls one of the repl timeout
> parameters: https://github.com/dgrnbrg/redl/blob/master/src/redl/core.clj#L195
>
> There might be another timeout in Fireplace (I just searched through all
> the code, but can't seem to find it), but the one above is what gives
> the usual REPL timeout errors.

Ah. That explains things. I changed repl-timeout-ms, but it is not used. :-P

I opened a ticket and attached a patch.

Meikel

--
Meikel Brandmeyer