fireplace cannot wiirte tmpfile on windows error E484

burkhar...@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2014, 10:44:18 AM7/20/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I try to use vim together with fireplace on Windows Vista.
After the installation of fireplace I get after starting gvim the following errors
(translated from german)

error executing "function <SNR>16:projectionis_detect..<SNR>16_path..
fireplace#nrepl#for..<SNR>29_nrepl_process..<SNR>29_nrepl_message..
<SNR>29_nrepl_call..<SNR>28_nrepl_transport_call..
<SNR>28_nrepl_transport_dispatch":
line 2:
E484: can not open file d:/usr/br/temp/VIoD50B.tmp"

I tried:

check whether user has write permission in temp directory - that's the case
changed temp directory in _vimrc

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks,
Burkhardt

Tim Pope

Jul 21, 2014, 11:26:36 AM7/21/14
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com
You're missing Python. See :help python-dynamic. Ordinarily it'd give you a clearer error, but I'm guessing you also have Cygwin (or some other nonstandard shell) in the mix, so it's trying to shell out and failing.