Can makefile allow me to compile programs I modify and see on my screen ?

aubertin.sylvain

Jul 18, 2015, 9:02:30 PM7/18/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I can use « make » in order to compile programs written on my disk. But when I modify a program, I should like, not to register it, before I compile it with « make ».
I suppose I can compile the program I have on my screen, instead of that one I have on my disk. So, it will go much qicker.
I should like, somebody gives to me an example of a makefile that avoids registering, before compiling. Thanks

Eric Christopherson

Jul 18, 2015, 9:37:02 PM7/18/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
By "registering" you mean saving? I don't know of any compiler like that
except for tcc, which is very minimalistic. I can't really think of a
reason to compile something that's not saved, though; it wouldn't make
things noticeably quicker.

--
Eric Christopherson