Recent version of vim for windows?

Meino....@gmx.de

Jul 17, 2016, 2:33:16 AM7/17/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I confess: I am addicted to vim. As long as I am at my GENTOO Linux
box at home, this is not a problem: Update the local repository,
build a new and shiny vim and: TADA! :)

At work (they use only Windows PCs as desktop machines) I am depending
on prebuild binaries of vim since we are not allowed to compile
anything on the desktop PCs for security reasons.

(THE FOLLOWING IS NEITHER MEANT AS CRITISM NOR AS A COMPLAINT!)
Since I had started to use vim I got the windows builds from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/Vim/
Since the last update there Bram has released 413 patches to vim so
I need a new version of my drug ;) for windows...

Are there any newer builds of vim for Windows?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Best regards,
Meino

Elimar Riesebieter

Jul 17, 2016, 8:14:09 AM7/17/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
* Meino....@gmx.de <Meino....@gmx.de> [2016-07-17 08:33 +0200]:

[...]

https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases

--
The path to source is always uphill!
-unknown-

Meino....@gmx.de

Jul 17, 2016, 8:23:54 AM7/17/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
THX!
Elimar Riesebieter <ries...@lxtec.de> [16-07-17 14:20]:
> --
> --
>
> ---

Bram Moolenaar

Jul 17, 2016, 8:50:00 AM7/17/16
to Meino....@gmx.de, vim...@googlegroups.com
Try a nightly build: https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases
Feedback is welcome.

--
FATHER: Who are you?
PRINCE: I'm ... your son ...

Meino....@gmx.de

Jul 17, 2016, 9:04:32 AM7/17/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com

Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> [16-07-17 15:00]:
High Bram,

thanks a lot! :)
Give me hope...even on Windows ;)

Best regards,
Meino

Steve Hall

Jul 17, 2016, 8:27:09 PM7/17/16
to vim_use
On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 2:33 AM, <Meino....@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Since I had started to use vim I got the windows builds from here:
> > Since the last update there Bram has released 413 patches to vim so
> > I need a new version of my drug ;) for windows...
> >
> > Are there any newer builds of vim for Windows?
> Feedback is welcome.

I just posted an update at the first site, but the second, official
Vim site is now the primary source for updated Windows installers and
is more reliably updated.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]
SteveHallArchitecture http://SteveHallArchitecture.com

Meino....@gmx.de

Jul 18, 2016, 6:47:24 AM7/18/16
to vim_use