:bdelete and :bwipeout no longer close the last buffer ([No Name])

J.F.

Nov 10, 2016, 1:04:31 AM11/10/16
to vim_use
I've been learning quite a lot about Vim recently. I've notice that sometimes the :bd and :bw commands will delete the last buffer and exit Vim and that sometimes they won't.

I seem to remember that running :bd or :bw upon entering Vim would delete the [No Name] buffer and exit the editor. However, lately when I try this, it fails to exit.

Is this normal? Could some specific option be causing this?

J.F.

Nov 11, 2016, 8:19:56 AM11/11/16
to vim_use
I would like to let everyone know that this issue is closed. I found an autocmd buried in a script I had written months ago that closed Vim if the NERDTree was the last window open. That was the cause of my confusion.