SQLUtilities / Align bug

Paul

Jul 10, 2016, 2:36:23 PM7/10/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Using 7.4.2022, setting sqlutil_align_first_word to 0 causes Vim to hang when SQLUFormatter is issued over a range. Control-c interrupts it, whereupon it leaves many lines of "-@-". I've tested this with nothing but vim-plug, Align, and SQLUtilities installed, and only the sqlutil_align_first_word option set.

David Fishburn

Jul 11, 2016, 12:45:16 PM7/11/16
to vim_use
On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Paul <googl...@rainslide.net> wrote:
Using 7.4.2022, setting sqlutil_align_first_word to 0 causes Vim to hang when SQLUFormatter is issued over a range. Control-c interrupts it, whereupon it leaves many lines of "-@-". I've tested this with nothing but vim-plug, Align, and SQLUtilities installed, and only the sqlutil_align_first_word option set.

Paul,

That is intended to format 1 single SQL statement.
Is that what you are doing, or are you trying to format all the statements in a file?

The -@- usually shows up if there are unbalanced ()s.

David

Paul

Jul 11, 2016, 2:43:37 PM7/11/16
to vim_use
Sorry, I should have included a sample SQL that I see this with:

select foo from bar where a = b

It happens with SQLUFormatter called with the cursor on that line, visually selected or not.

David Fishburn

Jul 12, 2016, 12:43:44 PM7/12/16
to vim_use
Paul,

We can take this offline and just email the two of us directly.  So please strip vim_use on your reply.

If that is the only line in the file and I run :SQLUFormatter I get this:

select foo
  from bar
 where a = b

What do you get if that is the only line?

:ver
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Apr  4 2016 08:52:46)
MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
Included patches: 1-1707

:echo g:loaded_sqlutilities
700

David

Paul

Jul 13, 2016, 1:45:13 PM7/13/16
to vim_use
On Tuesday, 12 July, 2016 at 17:42:45 BST, David Fishburn wrote:
>:echo g:loaded_sqlutilities
>700

My apologies, I was apparently using version 6.00, which is the latest version at https://github.com/vim-scripts/SQLUtilities. Version 7.0 works correctly.

David Fishburn

Jul 13, 2016, 2:51:01 PM7/13/16
to vim_use
Good, glad to hear.

Does anyone know who uploads or how these, https://github.com/vim-scripts/, get populated?
I have other users of my plugins post patches and everything there, but since I don't own them, I can't close issues or anything except respond.

Thanks,
David