How to anable lua for vim?

Meino....@gmx.de

Sep 28, 2016, 10:16:34 PM9/28/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To enable lua for vim I run configure as follows:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/vim --with-features=huge --with-luainterp=dynamic --with-lua-prefix=/usr/bin --enable-luainterp=yes --enable-pythoninterp

. Vim compiles fine. But doing 'vim --version' produces (besides other
output '-lua' instead of the exspected '+lua'.

What did I wrong ?

Thank you very much for any help in advance! :)

Cheers,
Meino

Ben Fritz

Sep 29, 2016, 1:14:23 PM9/29/16
to vim_use

What's the output from that configure command?

Meino....@gmx.de

Sep 29, 2016, 1:56:50 PM9/29/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Ben Fritz <fritzo...@gmail.com> [16-09-29 19:24]:
> --
> --
>
> ---

Hi Ben,

I found the problem myself -- thank you to point me to the output:
The problem is, that lua is switched on with --enable-lua instead
of --with-* as many other options to configure.

Cheers
Meino

Dominique Pellé

Sep 29, 2016, 1:58:33 PM9/29/16
to Vim List
Probably you're missing the liblua dev package. Not sure which
OS or distribution you use, but on Ubuntu something like this
should install it:

$ sudo apt-get install liblua5.3-dev

Try "apt-cache search liblua" if you use Ubuntu to see what
versions of liblua are available.

Then:

$ cd vim
$ rm src/auto/config.cache
$ configure --enable-luainterp=yes --with-features=huge
$ make -j4
$ sudo make install