Settings the starting line for multiple buffers

Zaxxon

Jun 27, 2016, 2:45:47 PM6/27/16
to vim_use
Greetings to all,

When I use vim for multiple files, they are placed in the buffer. Not all the buffers are at "line 1", instead, they seem to be in various other places that I am not sure why that is, as shown in the attached screen shot.

Is there a way to set all the buffers to start at "Line 1", or at a place of my choosing?

Thank you
MultipleBuffers.png

Paul

Jun 28, 2016, 6:38:01 AM6/28/16
to vim_use
On Monday, 27 June, 2016 at 16:27:34 BST, Zaxxon wrote:
>When I use vim for multiple files, they are placed in the buffer. Not all the buffers are at "line 1", instead, they seem to be in various other places that I am not sure why that is, as shown in the attached screen shot.
>
>Is there a way to set all the buffers to start at "Line 1", or at a place of my choosing?

See ":help last-position-jump". You might already have such an autocmd.