Completiion Suggestions on Status Line...

Sonny Chee

Apr 29, 2016, 6:42:26 PM4/29/16
to vim_use
Hey Guys,

I recently had my home folder and vim nuked and am attempting to regain a capability that I once had - the display of "command completion suggestions on the status line", specifically.

I used to be able to type the word, say:

Plugin<tab>

Once I hit the tab, I would see the following on the status line:

Plugin PluginClean PluginDocs PluginInstall ...etc

Then hitting the tab repeatedly, I could move the highlight to a choice.

I've tried searching, but my google-fu doesn't appear up to the challenge. If anyone could suggest a script or plugin, that would be greatly appreciated.

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov

Apr 29, 2016, 7:10:55 PM4/29/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
See &wild* settings family: :h 'wildchar' and below.

> --
> --
>
> ---

Sonny Chee

Apr 30, 2016, 10:11:16 PM4/30/16
to vim_use

Thanks ZyX. For those who are interested, the following setting in .vimrc specifically gave me the feature I was looking for.

set wildmenu