"gq" command always linebreak even if setting textwidth=0?

Joey Ling

Jun 16, 2017, 9:45:14 AM6/16/17
to vim_use
I have set the textwidth as 0, wy "gq" command still add linebreak with some certain textwidth in the paragraph?

Ben Fritz

Jun 16, 2017, 10:04:55 AM6/16/17
to vim_use
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8:45:14 AM UTC-5, Joey Ling wrote:
> I have set the textwidth as 0, wy "gq" command still add linebreak with some certain textwidth in the paragraph?

:help gq says:

"If the 'textwidth' option is 0, the formatted line length is the screen width (with a maximum width of 79)."

So that's what's happening. Why are you using the "gq" command if you don't want to format lines to a width?