How to easily enable "Lua" in Vim 7.4 (would possibly like to avoid building it from source if possible)

Annis Monadjem

Aug 24, 2015, 8:43:22 PM8/24/15
to vim_use
My Vim 7.4 "Lua" is disabled. I need to enable "Lua" in Vim so that I can setup "neocomplete". Is there a way to enable "Lua" without removing/reinstalling my current Vim installation. If I happen to built source from scratch I'm aware about "http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Building_Vim", however any further detail hints/specification are greatly appreciated (I'm still a beginner). Thanks in advance

Ben Fritz

Aug 25, 2015, 12:46:13 AM8/25/15
to vim_use
On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 7:43:22 PM UTC-5, Annis Monadjem wrote:
> My Vim 7.4 "Lua" is disabled. I need to enable "Lua" in Vim so that I can setup "neocomplete". Is there a way to enable "Lua" without removing/reinstalling my current Vim installation. If I happen to built source from scratch I'm aware about "http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Building_Vim", however any further detail hints/specification are greatly appreciated (I'm still a beginner). Thanks in advance

That depends on what you mean by "disabled".

If you have Lua support compiled in (with a '+' by the Lua options in :version output) then you just need to install the correct version of Lua to match what Vim was compiled with, and possible set up some paths.

If you do NOT have Lua support compiled in already, then you must compile your own or get a different installation that already has it.

Try some of these if you're on Windows: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Where_to_download_Vim

Annis Monadjem

Aug 25, 2015, 1:25:21 PM8/25/15
to vim_use