Powerline without commandline?

Benny Powers

Jan 21, 2017, 9:52:34 PM1/21/17
to vim_use
Hello,

I'm trying to replicate the screenshots on https://github.com/powerline/powerline, meaning a single powerline at the bottom of the vim screen. What I get is a powerline, followed by the standard vim commandline (--INSERT-- or ".config/vim/vimrc" 29L, 748C), then the tmux powerline below that. What I'd like is just a single vim powerline, followed by the tmux powerline below that.

Here is my vimrc.

python from powerline.vim import setup as powerline_setup
python powerline_setup()
python del powerline_setup

set nocompatible " be iMproved, required
filetype off " required

" set the runtime path to include Vundle and initialize
set rtp+=~/.config/vim/bundle/Vundle.vim
call vundle#begin()
" alternatively, pass a path where Vundle should install plugins
"call vundle#begin('~/some/path/here')

" let Vundle manage Vundle, required
Plugin 'VundleVim/Vundle.vim'

" All of your Plugins must be added before the following line
call vundle#end() " required
filetype plugin indent on " required

set relativenumber
set number
syntax on
set tabstop=2
set shiftwidth=2

set ls=2
set noshowmode
set noruler

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov

Jan 21, 2017, 10:03:37 PM1/21/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to replicate the screenshots on https://github.com/powerline/powerline, meaning a single powerline at the bottom of the vim screen. What I get is a powerline, followed by the standard vim commandline (--INSERT-- or ".config/vim/vimrc" 29L, 748C), then the tmux powerline below that. What I'd like is just a single vim powerline, followed by the tmux powerline below that.

There are no such screenshots: what you see is the screenshot of
status line only. And AFAIK moving status line onto the command line
is not possible: you can make command line occupy more space (:h
'cmdheight'), but you can’t make it occupy zero space.

> Here is my vimrc.
>
> python from powerline.vim import setup as powerline_setup
> python powerline_setup()
> python del powerline_setup
>
> set nocompatible " be iMproved, required
> filetype off " required
>
> " set the runtime path to include Vundle and initialize
> set rtp+=~/.config/vim/bundle/Vundle.vim
> call vundle#begin()
> " alternatively, pass a path where Vundle should install plugins
> "call vundle#begin('~/some/path/here')
>
> " let Vundle manage Vundle, required
> Plugin 'VundleVim/Vundle.vim'
>
> " All of your Plugins must be added before the following line
> call vundle#end() " required
> filetype plugin indent on " required
>
> set relativenumber
> set number
> syntax on
> set tabstop=2
> set shiftwidth=2
>
> set ls=2
> set noshowmode
> set noruler
>
> --
> --
>
> ---

David Woodfall

Jan 22, 2017, 9:22:27 AM1/22/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to replicate the screenshots on https://github.com/powerline/powerline, meaning a single powerline at the bottom of the vim screen. What I get is a powerline, followed by the standard vim commandline (--INSERT-- or ".config/vim/vimrc" 29L, 748C), then the tmux powerline below that. What I'd like is just a single vim powerline, followed by the tmux powerline below that.

That isn't possible, but you can get rid of --INSERT-- etc. by putting
this in your .vimrc:
set noshowmode