Color at the crossing of status lines and vertical split - attached files (1/1)

Nicola

May 4, 2015, 4:25:33 PM5/4/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
my first post here, hope my question is not too trivial. Is there a way
to change the color for the one character at the crossing of a vertical
split bar and the bottom status lines? Schematically:

______________|______________
Status line 1 * Status line 2

it's the asterisk. That does not seem part of the vertical bar. Status
lines seem to overlap it, but it cannot be controlled through status
line specifications. I also attach a couple of small pictures, I hope
they make it through.

Nicola

statusline1.png
statusline2.png

Christian Brabandt

May 6, 2015, 11:37:37 AM5/6/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicola!

On Mo, 04 Mai 2015, Nicola wrote:

> Hello,
> my first post here, hope my question is not too trivial. Is there a way
> to change the color for the one character at the crossing of a vertical
> split bar and the bottom status lines? Schematically:

I don't think this is possible.

Best,
Christian
--
Vernunft und Phantasie ist Religion - Vernunft und Verstand ist
Wissenschaft.

Nicola

May 7, 2015, 9:59:15 AM5/7/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
In article <2015050615...@256bit.org>,
Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:

> Hi Nicola!
>
> On Mo, 04 Mai 2015, Nicola wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > my first post here, hope my question is not too trivial. Is there a way
> > to change the color for the one character at the crossing of a vertical
> > split bar and the bottom status lines? Schematically:
>
> I don't think this is possible.

I have almost solved it. For some reason, a custom status line does not
influence that spot, but StatusLine and StatusLineNC do. Try this:

vim -u NONE
set ls=2
hi User1 ctermbg=1
set stl=%1*%f%=%f%*
<C-w> v

The character between the status lines should have a different color (if
not, change ctermbg to something else). Now try:

hi StatusLine ctermfg=1
hi StatusLineNC ctermfg=1

Now the character should be almost the same color as the status lines
(it may change slightly when switching between windows).

I just have to figure out why, when I define StatusLine and StatusLineNC
with my custom status line (whose definition is a bit more complicated
than the above), a string of ^^^ starts to appear in the status lines.
May it depend on not resetting colors with %* (e.g., using %1*%f%2*
instead of %1%f%*%2*)?

Nicola

Nikolay Pavlov

May 7, 2015, 6:12:33 PM5/7/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Check out :h 'fillchars', specifically a note about the stl/stlnc
suboption defaults.

> May it depend on not resetting colors with %* (e.g., using %1*%f%2*
> instead of %1%f%*%2*)?
>
> Nicola
>
> --
> --
>
> ---

Nicola

May 8, 2015, 5:23:57 AM5/8/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-05-07 22:12:23 +0000, Nikolay Pavlov said:

>> I just have to figure out why, when I define StatusLine and StatusLineNC
>> with my custom status line (whose definition is a bit more complicated
>> than the above), a string of ^^^ starts to appear in the status lines.
>
> Check out :h 'fillchars', specifically a note about the stl/stlnc
> suboption defaults.

Ah, thanks: I wouldn't have found it myself.

Nicola