Recognize Vim terminal buffers

Lifepillar

Aug 11, 2017, 11:15:39 AM8/11/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way yet to recognize that a window's buffer is a
terminal buffer (say, to define a custom status line)?

To be clear, I am talking about the terminal feature currently under
development in Vim.

Thanks,
Life.

Christian Brabandt

Aug 11, 2017, 11:21:24 AM8/11/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com
You can check the buftype option, which should be terminal as long as
the job is still running or use something like

index(term_list(), bufnr('')) > -1

Best,
Christian
--
Nichts auf der Welt ist so gerecht verteilt wie der Verstand. Denn
jedermann ist überzeugt, daß er genug davon habe.

Lifepillar

Aug 11, 2017, 11:40:12 AM8/11/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 11/08/2017 18:21, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Fr, 11 Aug 2017, Lifepillar wrote:
>
>> Is there any way yet to recognize that a window's buffer is a
>> terminal buffer (say, to define a custom status line)?
>>
>> To be clear, I am talking about the terminal feature currently under
>> development in Vim.
>
> You can check the buftype option, which should be terminal as long as
> the job is still running or use something like
>
> index(term_list(), bufnr('')) > -1

Thanks, both work even after the job is finished.

Wouldn't it make sense to also set filetype to vim_terminal or something
like that, to take advantage of ftdetect?

Life.

Bram Moolenaar

Aug 11, 2017, 1:43:17 PM8/11/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Lifepillar
The text in the window can be anything. A filetype is set if we know
what kind of text there is. So setting the filetype for a terminal is
unexpected.

--
Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride in a
public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.