Disable ALL bold font in gvim on windows ?

skywi...@163.com

Jul 12, 2016, 12:03:55 PM7/12/16
to vim
Hi, All

Is there a simply way to get all bold font disappeared (gvim under windows ) ?
Having searched a lot for solutions, I found NONE of them can actually work.

solution 1:  make a copy of colorscheme file & modify it remove 'gui=bold' attribute.
problem: keyword 'bold' just cannot be found in my colorscheme: seoul256.vim

solution 2: set guifont manually without 'b' attribute
problem: guifont has been set to "fixedsys" without the 'b' and still no use.

solution 3: modify syntax files
problem: too many syntax files need to be edit, and I am trying to avoid modifying runtime files directly.

--------------------
See ? bold font is really ugly with fixedsys.

my setting is:
set guifont=fixedsys
color seoul256

gvim version: 7.4.2028

I have searched almost a whole day for solutions,
don't want to waste everyone's time if I can solve it myself
And at last, I just can't get any idea now, but ask for help in this mailling list

any other solutions ?

Catch.jpg
seoul256.vim

Ben Fritz

Jul 12, 2016, 1:22:24 PM7/12/16
to vim_use, v...@vim.org, skywi...@163.com
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:03:55 AM UTC-5, skywi...@163.com wrote:
> Hi, All
>

> Is there a simply way to get all bold font disappeared (gvim under windows ) ?
> Having searched a lot for solutions, I found NONE of them can actually work.
>

> solution 1:  make a copy of colorscheme file & modify it remove 'gui=bold' attribute.
> problem: keyword 'bold' just cannot be found in my colorscheme: seoul256.vim

I think you don't just need to remove all 'bold' specification, you need to explicitly reset it, as noted in :help bold, for example with "highlight Pmenu guibg=darkgrey guifg=black gui=NONE"

Tony Mechelynck

Jul 12, 2016, 2:29:05 PM7/12/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org, skywi...@163.com
IIUC gui=NONE should go before any of guibg= guifg= guisp= because
attributes are applied in the order found. If you put gui=NONE at the
end it would (IIUC) clear all the rest. OTOH if you want to use
italics you can use gui=NONE,italic

Best regards,
Tony.

Rick Howe

Jul 13, 2016, 1:37:59 AM7/13/16
to vim_use, v...@vim.org, skywi...@163.com
I think you would need a script like this.
boldoff.vim

skywi...@163.com

Jul 13, 2016, 2:15:04 AM7/13/16
to Rick Howe, vim_use, vim
thanks, this is the best script I see recently.