netrw error window Windows 10 to z/OS "command OPTS aborted -- no options supported for UTF8"

Eric Rossman

May 14, 2018, 10:57:26 AM5/14/18
to vim_use
I've just recently switched to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (work requirement) and get all set up with Vim 8.0.

I love to use the netrw plugin but the Windows 10 FTP client sends an OPTS UTF8 ON command to set up and the host (z/OS) doesn't support this particular OPTS. The file does successfully transfer to the editing buffer, but I get the extraneous "error" window every time.

Here's a regular FTP session:

Connected to some.zOS.host.name.
220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V2R3 at some.zOS.host.name, 10:21:25 on 2018-05-14.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 100 minutes.
---> OPTS UTF8 ON
501 command OPTS aborted -- no options supported for UTF8
User (some.zOS.host.name:(none)):

I cannot find a way to get the Windows 10 client to skip sending the OPTS command so I was hoping to find a way to get netrw to ignore the "failure".

If this was covered elsewhere, my apologies, but I was not able to find an answer.

fuzzymo

Jun 21, 2018, 5:22:04 AM6/21/18
to v...@vim.org
Bumping after a month. I'm happy to hack the netrw plugin to cause it to
ignore this 501 message but I could REALLY use some help knowing where to
start.

fuzzymo wrote
--
Sent from: http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/Vim-General-f1139531.html