symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: boot_DynaLoader

rajdeep mondal

Aug 15, 2016, 10:07:22 PM8/15/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I was trying to install vim from source on rhel6_x64 since i dont have root permissions.

I was able to get the compile going and get vim installed locally.

But now that I try to launch vim i get the following error and vim does not launch.

/home/ramondal/scripts/bin/vim: symbol lookup error: /home/ramondal/scripts/bin/vim: undefined symbol: boot_DynaLoader

I tried searching for solution but google has not found many matches.

Please note most of my unix binaries are located in non-standard location hence I had to tweak with some of the paths.

Any pointers/help from anyone regarding this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rajdeep