Help with netrw's gx setting

Alexandre Provencio

Apr 26, 2015, 3:24:55 PM4/26/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I'm happy to use netrw for a lot of tasks (especially paired with vim-vinegar), but still can't make the 'gx' command behave to my liking, which is:
- Always open an URL with the external browser, even if it has a trailing slash: the default is to interpret an URL as a remote dir and download that to a new buffer
- Correctly match URL's surrounded by parethesis etc, and also with symbols like '?' etc, within: I know that 'g:netrw_gx="<cWORD>"' would get me that but then I loose the inner parethesis matching, any way to get them both?

Closest of this experience is using the open-browser plugin which also has a lot of other features i don't use.

Any clues?

- Alexandre