Opening file as arbitrary type

Ven Tadipatri

Aug 11, 2016, 2:05:18 PM8/11/16
to vim_use
Hi,
I'm trying to open a nar file with vim. When I open zip files, vim
gives me a nice view of all the files, where I can view any of the
entries in the zip file. Is there some way I can give a command line
argument to vim to tell it to treat file foo.bar as a zip file? After
opening up the nar file, I tried doing :set filetype=zip, but that
didn't work either. Is there some command I can issue after the file
is opened to treat the buffer contents as a viewable zip file?

Thanks,
Ven

Frank Shute

Aug 11, 2016, 2:55:44 PM8/11/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's basically a zip archive of photos. See:

:h zip-extension

for how to make vim unzip the archive.
> --
> --