Unknown option argument: "--multiprocessing-fork"

CanisMajorWuff

Dec 23, 2014, 5:32:05 AM12/23/14
to v...@vim.org
I have an error on Windows vim version 7.4.417: Unknown option argument:
"--multiprocessing-fork" . It is related to using python
multiprocessing. How I can fix that?

Christian Brabandt

Dec 23, 2014, 7:24:08 AM12/23/14
to v...@vim.org
Hi CanisMajorWuff!
There is no such argument --multiprocessing-fork for vim. How did you
encounter that?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian
--
Kunst ist eine Art zwanghafter Akrobatik.
-- Emilio Vendova (ART - Das Kunstmagazin 1985 / 7)

Canis Major

Dec 23, 2014, 11:37:48 PM12/23/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org
I encountered it by using python plugin which uses python multiprocessing module.

Eric Christopherson

Dec 24, 2014, 12:03:37 AM12/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand how pymode or rope passes this argument to Vim, but
this thread <https://github.com/klen/python-mode/issues/422> makes it
look like this has to do with using HEAD by default; try using commit
20e14aa as it says in that thread. (I don't know if there's a newer
commit that would also work, but it's worth investigating.)

--
Eric Christopherson

Canis Major

Dec 24, 2014, 4:48:47 AM12/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
This is not related to pymore or rope or whatever plugin you think there.
It is related to python multiprocessing module called from vim python plugin.

Christian Brabandt

Dec 24, 2014, 7:12:43 AM12/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Canis!
(Please do not top poste)

On Mi, 24 Dez 2014, Canis Major wrote:

> This is not related to pymore or rope or whatever plugin you think there.
> It is related to python multiprocessing module called from vim python plugin.

Well, somehow you must be calling Vim with the --multiprocessing-fork
argument. That is no argument for Vim so you get an error. So again, how
do you call vim?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian
--
Der heutige Tag ist ein Resultat des gestrigen. Was dieser gewollt
hat, müssen wir erforschen, wenn wir zu wissen wünschen, was jener

Yggdroot Chen

Jun 22, 2016, 12:25:06 AM6/22/16
to vim_use, v...@vim.org
在 2014年12月23日星期二 UTC+8下午6:32:05,Canis Major写道:
> I have an error on Windows vim version 7.4.417: Unknown option argument:
> "--multiprocessing-fork" . It is related to using python
> multiprocessing. How I can fix that?

Same issue here on Windows vim version 7.4.1923.
It's not related to any plugin.
To reproduce:
:py from multiprocessing import Pool
:py p = Pool(4)