Command-line Window crashing Vim after v8.0.0159

Matthew Desjardins

Jan 10, 2017, 2:57:47 PM1/10/17
to vim_use
After 8.0.159, opening the command-line window causes my Vim to crash. I've tried with using "-N -u NONE -U NONE", with both Windows 7 and Windows 10 Vim and Gvim, as well as with various Cygwin-compiled Vims, all of which crash when using the command-line window. Can someone help?

Matthew Desjardins

Jan 10, 2017, 3:59:37 PM1/10/17
to vim_use
With a littler more background on reproducing, I've only gotten crashes to occur after opening the command-line window with <c-f> on a command line that already has text. The resulting window won't actually have that text on the current line as it should, and attempting to insert text from there will then cause a crash.

Dominique Pellé

Jan 10, 2017, 4:11:47 PM1/10/17
to Vim List
I can't reproduce it so far. Perhaps you have a setting that
triggers it. Can you try to see if it happens with: vim -u NONE?
It it does not happen with vim -u NONE, can you narrow down
your setting in .vimrc that triggers the bug?

Regards
Dominique

Matthew Desjardins

Jan 10, 2017, 4:21:55 PM1/10/17
to vim_use

It does occur with vim -u NONE (as in OP)

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 10, 2017, 5:13:41 PM1/10/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Desjardins
Try 8.0.0160.

244. You use more than 20 passwords.

Matthew Desjardins

Jan 11, 2017, 12:18:22 AM1/11/17
to vim_use, desjardin...@gmail.com

No difference in 8.0.0160 (and 170).

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 11, 2017, 4:53:10 AM1/11/17

Matthew Desjardins wrote:

> > > After 8.0.159, opening the command-line window causes my Vim to crash.
> > > I've tried with using "-N -u NONE -U NONE", with both Windows 7 and
> > > Windows 10 Vim and Gvim, as well as with various Cygwin-compiled Vims,
> > > all of which crash when using the command-line window. Can someone
> > > help?
> >
> > Try 8.0.0160.
>
> No difference in 8.0.0160 (and 170).

Hmm, what exactly do you type?
Does it still happen without -N? If not, try renaming your .viminfo
file, maybe it contains something harmful.

245. You use Real Audio to listen to a radio station from a distant
city rather than turn on your stereo system.

Matthew Desjardins

Jan 13, 2017, 10:14:51 AM1/13/17
to vim_use, desjardin...@gmail.com

Typing anything did it, and it made no difference with or without -N and with or without a .viminfo present. However I could only reproduce this on Windows machines.

All that being said, I no longer experience this after 8.0.0172