[ANN] Multi-language Thesaurus Query/Replacing Plugin

Chong He

Jun 1, 2016, 12:04:12 PM6/1/16
to vim_use
Hey Guys,

I have released version 0.4.0 of plugin thesaurus_query.vim. It aims to improve Vim's thesaurus replacing feature.

The plugin is hosted at:
Vim.org: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5341
Github: https://github.com/Ron89/thesaurus_query.vim

As features:
* This plugin uses multiple online services sequentially for better quality, pain-free thesaurus querying.
* Additional to insert-mode invoking (through `C-xC-u`), you may also invoke synonym replacement functionality in normal and visual mode (both through key-binding `<Leader>cs`).
* It support non-English language thesaurus query and word replacement.

Following online services are used for querying:
* thesaurus.com English thesaurus query service
* datamuse.com English thesaurus query service, deactivated by default
* woxikon.de German thesaurus query service, deactivated by default
* jeck.ru Russian thesaurus query service, deactivated by default
And when online service fails (e.g. disconnected from Internet), it falls back to traditional `mthesaur.txt`(need to be separately downloaded) for local querying.

I have tried my best efforts to make the plugin both reasonably fast and reliable in most scenarios. But for users with special requirement, the plugin also exposed multiple variables for user to customize the plugin.

Personally I enjoy using this plugin of mine. And I hope you find using it enjoyable as well.

Thanks,
Chong

Oliver Briscbois

Jun 2, 2016, 10:15:19 AM6/2/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com

He Chong

Jun 2, 2016, 10:52:37 AM6/2/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com

> Thank you very much for your effort. I'm going to give it a try.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Oliver

Thanks for your interests! And any feedback would be appreciated~

Phil Bevan

Jun 3, 2016, 4:54:42 PM6/3/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 01/06/16 17:04, Chong He wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I have released version 0.4.0 of plugin thesaurus_query.vim. It aims to improve Vim's thesaurus replacing feature.

Just given it a run out on-line (thesaurus.com) and off-line with
mthesaur.txt. Both working well. Looks like a keeper to me. Thanks for
you effort.
Regards
Phil

Chong He

Jun 6, 2016, 12:11:16 AM6/6/16
to vim_use, ph...@philbev.co.uk

> Just given it a run out on-line (thesaurus.com) and off-line with
> mthesaur.txt. Both working well. Looks like a keeper to me. Thanks for
> you effort.
> Regards
> Phil

Glad you like it~

Actually I am thinking of adding async pre-query functionality in my next
update to reduce response time(it could be long if multiple backends are made
active). But I do have the concern that online service providers might consider
frequent multiple query requests at a same time(due to pre-query) offensive...