Different hard line wrap behavior with neocomplete

Claus Atzenbeck

Jun 13, 2016, 6:36:14 AM6/13/16
to vim_use
Hello:

I experience a different behaviour regarding hard line wraps in Vim
(7.4. on Ubuntu) and enabled neocomplete package.

Without neocomplete, I have set up Vim in a way that it inserts a hard
line wrap while typing. That means, when reaching the given textwidth in
insert mode, the line would break.

With neocomplete enabled, however, the wrapping of the line becomes
visible only on exiting insert mode or starting a new line (i.e.
pressing return). Up to then, the display looks like I would write text
in a single line.

Does anybody else also experience this behavior?

Best,
Claus

Christian Brabandt

Jun 13, 2016, 6:50:26 AM6/13/16
to vim_use
Hi Claus!
What version is this? Can you post a screenshot perhaps?

Best,
Christian
--
Das Leben ist wie Zeichnen - nur leider ohne Radiergummi.

Claus Atzenbeck

Jun 13, 2016, 8:33:32 AM6/13/16
to vim_use
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 at 12:50pm +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> What version is this?

- Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Vim 7.4 (included patches: 1-52)
- Neocomplete package version 2.2

> Can you post a screenshot perhaps?

Sure. I found out, however, that hard line wraps work sometimes in
combination with neocomplete, sometimes they don't. See the following
two screenshots:

SCREENSHOT 1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6021254/Vim/vim-insertmode.png

As you can see, the hard line wrap worked during insert mode for the
first two lines. No hard line wrap was inserted in line 3, however.

SCREENSHOT 2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6021254/Vim/vim-after_insertmode.png

This screenshot was taken right after pressing ESC. As you can see, line
3 gets correctly formatted.

My desired behavior, though, is that hard line breaks are inserted *while*
typing in insert mode, not after leaving insert mode or by hitting return.

Any ideas?

Best,
Claus

Christian Brabandt

Jun 13, 2016, 8:37:56 AM6/13/16
to vim_use
Hi Claus!

On Mo, 13 Jun 2016, Claus Atzenbeck wrote:

I believe this was fixed with a later patch, and I don't find the
correct patch currently. Can you check a later version please?

Best,
Christian
--
Durch nichts bezeichnen die Menschen mehr ihren Charakter als durch
das, was sie lächerlich finden.

Claus Atzenbeck

Jun 13, 2016, 12:49:32 PM6/13/16
to vim_use
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 at 2:37pm +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> I believe this was fixed with a later patch, and I don't find the
> correct patch currently. Can you check a later version please?

Thanks for your reply. I've got the latest neocomplete package from
github <https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim>. Is there any other
(newer) source?

Best,
Claus