dbext result window: column width size problem

Marco Silva

May 19, 2016, 2:49:25 PM5/19/16
to vim_use
Hi,

I'm using sqlite database and sometimes the column data width displayed
has the size of the column's name. I wanted to cut for a larger size. I
searched all ways to do it, but closest was to set DBI_max_column_width,
which was fruitless, because I don't use DBI interface.

--
Marco Arthur @ (M)arco Creatives

David Fishburn

May 19, 2016, 4:11:21 PM5/19/16
to vim_use
For the listeners:
dbext.vim : Provides database access to many DBMS (Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft, MySQL, DBI,..)

I'm using sqlite database and sometimes the column data width displayed
has the size of the column's name. I wanted to cut for a larger size.  I
searched all ways to do it, but closest was to set DBI_max_column_width,
which was fruitless, because I don't use DBI interface.

Only the DBI and ODBC interface allow you to customize certain aspects.

The native interfaces use that databases option and tools to display the results.

You are using SQLite, so whatever you can do from the command line using the sqlite3 binary, dbext should be able to do.

So, play around (outside of Vim ) with the sqlite3 binary and see if you can get the results of a SELECT statement the way you want.

If you manage to come up with something, I can show you how to integrate that (via your .vimrc) into dbext.

David