Re: MacVim Slow on Retina MBP

björn

Aug 12, 2012, 8:58:06 AM8/12/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Kyle Murphy wrote:
> Scrolling, moving, typing, etc. are all a bit sluggish on the new rMBP.
>
> I've moved to native vim in iTerm2 in the meantime, which is quite fast, but I much prefer MacVim. Will a retina optimized version be coming out?

Have you enabled the "Experimental renderer" in the advanced preferences?

I don't really know what "retina optimized" entails, but I at least
will not be working on that since I do not have a retina display to
test with. If there are minor problems that I can patch blindly, then
I'll do my best to fix them, but that's all I can do.

Björn

Hisashi T Fujinaka

Aug 12, 2012, 5:20:04 PM8/12/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any delays. Any more specifics that I could use to try to
reproduce your problems? You don't even metion your OS version, do you?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - ht...@twofifty.com
Message has been deleted

Kyle Murphy

Aug 12, 2012, 8:25:02 PM8/12/12
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:58:06 AM UTC-7, björn wrote:

> Have you enabled the "Experimental renderer" in the advanced preferences?

That did it. Thanks Bjorn (for that and MacVim).