MacVim: Bug Reports and request for a new feature.

Bidit Mazumder

Apr 21, 2015, 3:08:43 AM4/21/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I'm using MacVim (snapshot 70) and I have noticed the following bugs:

1. On MacVim, moving your finger on the *surface* of the Magic Mouse (don't move the mouse) will cancel any pending operator.
For example (in Normal mode) if I press "d", the editor enters operator-pending mode and waits for a motion.
if I now move my finger on the surface of my Magic Mouse, the pending operator ("d") is canceled.

2. If "gui=bold" is not present in the "hi StatusLine" of the active color scheme, then the status line does not render a background color.

This is a request for a feature:

On MacVim, tapping on the trackpad with three fingers should invoke the Dictionary and jump to the definition of the word under the cursor. This feature is available in BBEdit, TextMate, and Sublime Text.
It would be nice to have this feature in MacVim.

mv...@forallx.net

Apr 21, 2015, 10:08:22 AM4/21/15
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:58:25PM -0700, Bidit Mazumder wrote:
> 2. If "gui=bold" is not present in the "hi StatusLine" of the active color scheme, then the status line does not render a background color.

mvim -U NONE -u NONE -n

followed by

:hi statusline gui=none guibg=red
:set ls=2

will produce a statusline with a background. So it is not true that no background is drawn when there is no gui=bold.

If on the other hand, one leaves off the guibg=red part of the above command, the background for the status line is a string of "^^^^". Perhaps that's what was meant. I don't see that this is a bug. There is precedent for it, e.g., :help hl-StatusLineNC.

-Charles