Yank doesn't work

Anders Schau Knatten

Mar 24, 2014, 5:03:28 AM3/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.

If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.

In the command line vim, yanking works as intended.

Here's the output of :version:
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 25 2013 20:05:26)
MacOS X (unix) version
Included patches: 1-52

Thanks,
Anders Schau Knatten

Björn Winckler

Mar 24, 2014, 2:53:13 PM3/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Anders Schau Knatten wrote:

> Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.
>
> If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.

Sounds like an option or plugin problem. Try going through

https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

Björn

Dan Lowe

Mar 24, 2014, 9:54:14 AM3/24/14
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 24, 2014, at 5:03 AM, Anders Schau Knatten <and...@knatten.org> wrote:

> Yanking by pressing "yy", "yl" etc. does not work. When I press "p", it pastes whatever was previously copied by Command+C instead.
>
> If I do ddup instead of yyp, it works as intended.
>
> In the command line vim, yanking works as intended.

It sounds like you have "p" mapped to a non-default action. What do you get back from ":map p" ?

Dan