Problems with vim-latex-suite and macvim on MacOS

mstep....@googlemail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 3:04:07 AM4/4/18
to vim_mac

Hello all!

macvim is not opening my *.tex files any more. Other file types like *.txt I can open with macvim. This happened after the last security update of MacOS: 2018-002

So my config:

MacOS 10.12.6
MacVim is installed with homebrew.
mvim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Mar 25 2018 06:12:03)
macOS version
Included patches: 1-1633
Compiled by Homebrew
Huge version with MacVim GUI

python --version
Python 2.7.14

which python
/usr/local/bin/python

ls -l /usr/local/bin/python
lrwxr-xr-x 1 xxx admin 38 16 Mär 07:16 /usr/local/bin/python@ -> ../Cellar/python@2/2.7.14_3/bin/python

Moving .vim Folder (where the latex-suite resides) out of the way, mvim is opening tex-files too; but without LaTeX support of course.

One thing I forgot to mention: the error when opening a tex-file in my bash-shell:

mvim text.tex
: $ Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
Vim: Finished.

Could somebody help me?

Best greetings to all