MacVim Snapshot 70 Not Opening in Mavericks

David Gillooly

Oct 24, 2013, 12:32:10 PM10/24/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.

The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Douglas Drumond

Oct 24, 2013, 5:23:20 PM10/24/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com

2013/10/24 David Gillooly <david.g...@gmail.com>

I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.

The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

Any ideas?

​I have snapshot 71 at home and it's working. I heard people having problems with perl and python loading MacVim for OS X ≤ 10.8 on Mavericks​, but I'm not sure what the problems are.

björn

Oct 25, 2013, 2:37:04 PM10/25/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM, David Gillooly wrote:
> I have a pretty plain vanilla MacVim setup that no longer works since my update to Mavericks.
>
> The top menu bar opens { File Edit Window Help} but I can not open any files. The editor never comes up. I get no error messages.

Please update to snapshot 72 that was just released and let us know if
the problems persist.

Björn

David Gillooly

Oct 25, 2013, 2:43:57 PM10/25/13
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded snapshot 70 before I received your message and now it works. Not sure why though.

David Gillooly

---