ch_open no longer calls the defined callback when message number is 0

Christian J. Robinson

Feb 9, 2016, 11:46:13 PM2/9/16
to vim...@googlegroups.com

At some point in the last 12-24 hours a patch broke the functionality
of Vim handling messages with a message number of 0 and sending them
to the callback specified in the ch_open() call.

- Christian

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find
easier ways to do something." -- Robert Heinlein

Bram Moolenaar

Feb 10, 2016, 12:25:40 PM2/10/16
to Christian J. Robinson, vim...@googlegroups.com

Christian J. Robinson wrote:

> At some point in the last 12-24 hours a patch broke the functionality
> of Vim handling messages with a message number of 0 and sending them
> to the callback specified in the ch_open() call.

We should have a test for that. It's in the todo list...

I think it's because the ch_block_id defaults to 0. Should probably
default to -1. Need the test to check that this fixes the problem.

So, do you have a nice simple way to check if this works?

213. Your kids start referring to you as "that guy in front of the monitor."

Bram Moolenaar

Feb 10, 2016, 5:16:38 PM2/10/16
to Bram Moolenaar, Christian J. Robinson, vim...@googlegroups.com

I wrote:

> Christian J. Robinson wrote:
>
> > At some point in the last 12-24 hours a patch broke the functionality
> > of Vim handling messages with a message number of 0 and sending them
> > to the callback specified in the ch_open() call.
>
> We should have a test for that. It's in the todo list...
>
> I think it's because the ch_block_id defaults to 0. Should probably
> default to -1. Need the test to check that this fixes the problem.
>
> So, do you have a nice simple way to check if this works?

I managed to write a test and fix the problem.

There are still more tests to be added, thus it's very well possible
there are a few more problems to be uncovered. It's helpful when you
find a problem that you have a script to reproduce it.

218. Your spouse hands you a gift wrapped magnet with your PC's name
on it and you accuse him or her of genocide.