Patch 1012 woes

Yongwei Wu

Aug 31, 2017, 11:08:39 AM8/31/17
to vim-dev
Hi Bram,

Patch 1012 removed lines like the following in two places:

/* Also set $HOME, it's needed for _viminfo. */
vim_setenv((char_u *)"HOME", NameBuff);

Just as the comment says, now _viminfo cannot be saved on Windows.

Best regards

Yongwei

--
Yongwei Wu

Bram Moolenaar

Aug 31, 2017, 2:40:13 PM8/31/17
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Yongwei Wu, vim-dev

Yongwei Wu wrote:

> Patch 1012 removed lines like the following in two places:
>
> /* Also set $HOME, it's needed for _viminfo. */
> vim_setenv((char_u *)"HOME", NameBuff);
>
> Just as the comment says, now _viminfo cannot be saved on Windows.

Ah, I noticed that but forgot to fix it. I'll make a patch.

--
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?