wrong highlight for *floating-point-precision* in help

Tony Mechelynck

Dec 10, 2018, 1:45:00 AM12/10/18
to vim_dev, Bram Moolenaar
In the eval.txt helpfile (last change 2018 Dec 09) at line 1108, with
default GUI colors, the helptag *floating-point-precision* is
highlighted in blue rather than pink. I suppose that some hidden
control character is missing after the example functions to compute pi
and e.

This tag is correctly found by ":h floating-point-precision" after
<F1> so this is not a severe bug.

Best regards,
Tony.

Dominique Pellé

Dec 10, 2018, 2:12:47 AM12/10/18
to vim_dev
Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> In the eval.txt helpfile (last change 2018 Dec 09) at line 1108, with
> default GUI colors, the helptag *floating-point-precision* is
> highlighted in blue rather than pink. I suppose that some hidden
> control character is missing after the example functions to compute pi
> and e.

I confirm the wrong highlighting of *floating-point-precision*.
which I can reproduce it with:

$ vim --clean -c 'h eval.txt' +1108

The text "*floating-point-precision*" is highlighted as
helpExample instead of helpHyperTextEntry.

It happens after the latest runtime update
d47d52232bf21036c5c89081458be7eaf2630d24
It was fine prior to that commit.

Attached patch fixes it.

Regards
Dominique
fixed-syntax-highlight-eval.patch

Bram Moolenaar

Dec 10, 2018, 4:59:14 PM12/10/18
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Dominique Pellé
Thanks.

Tony: It was highlighted like an example, which only stops at a
non-blank in the first column. "<" can be used to stop it with an
invisible character.

--
For large projects, Team Leaders use sophisticated project management software
to keep track of who's doing what. The software collects the lies and guesses

Tony Mechelynck

Dec 10, 2018, 6:31:05 PM12/10/18
to Bram Moolenaar, Dominique Pellé, vim_dev
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:59 PM Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> Tony: It was highlighted like an example, which only stops at a
> non-blank in the first column. "<" can be used to stop it with an
> invisible character.

Thanks for explaining. I wasn't conscious of that when I wrote the
patch about using functions for π and e. Happily Dominique provided
the correct fix.

Best regards,
Tony.