Issue 183 in vim: "[[2;2R" printed in messages area on BufEnter shell command

瀏覽次數:99 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2013年11月26日 上午9:34:182013/11/26
收件者:vim...@vim.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 183 by pbris...@gmail.com: "[[2;2R" printed in messages area on
BufEnter shell command

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Add the following to example.vimrc

function RegenerateCtags()
" the shell command invoked doesn't matter
silent! execute '!true'
endfunction
autocmd BufEnter * call RegenerateCtags()

2. Open a fresh urxvt terminal
3. vim -u example.vimrc

* What is the expected output?

Vim starts normally, with nothing showing in the messages area.

* What do you see instead?

Vim displays (what looks like) a terminal escape, "[[2;2R", in the messages
area.

* What version of the product are you using?

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Nov 10 2013 20:26:12)
Included patches: 1-86

* On what operating system?

Arch Linux.

* Other information

Nazri Ramliy reproduced in XTerm(278) with vim 7.4.91 and also found the
offending patch via hg bisect:

$ hg log -v -r 5090
changeset: 5090:8b7baf39a345
tag: v7-3-1288
user: Bram Moolenaar <br...@vim.org>
date: Wed Jul 03 12:45:31 2013 +0200
files: src/proto/screen.pro src/screen.c src/term.c src/version.c
updated for version 7.3.1288
Problem: The first ":echo 'hello'" command output doesn't show.
Mapping
for <S-F3> gets triggered during startup.
Solution: Add debugging code for the termresponse. When receiving
the "Co"
entry and when setting 'ambiwidth' redraw right away if
possible.
Add redraw_asap(). Don't set 'ambiwidth' if it already had
the
right value. Do the 'ambiwidth' check in the second row to
avoid
confusion with <S-F3>.

Thanks,
Pat

---

PS:

I apologize if cross-posting from the mailing list is bad form. The message
seemed to get lost in the backlog and rather than "bump" it, I thought this
would be a better way to ensure it gets tracked.

Attachments:
bugreport.txt 47.0 KB

issue notifications to this address.

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2013年11月28日 中午12:38:202013/11/28
收件者:vim...@vim.org

Comment #1 on issue 183 by brammool...@gmail.com: "[[2;2R" printed in
messages area on BufEnter shell command

You should put "set nocp" in the script, otherwise the terminal version
isn't requested.

Despite that, I can't reproduce the problem on Ubuntu. Tried xterm and
urxvt.
This might be a race condition.

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2013年11月28日 中午12:59:152013/11/28
收件者:vim...@vim.org

Comment #2 on issue 183 by pbris...@gmail.com: "[[2;2R" printed in messages
My bad on nocp, figured that out further down the ML thread but copied the
wrong example into this issue.

FWIW, this reproduces most reliably if it's the first thing I do in a fresh
terminal.

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2014年3月18日 上午10:39:572014/3/18
收件者:vim...@vim.org

Comment #3 on issue 183 by yunchi...@google.com: "[[2;2R" printed in
messages area on BufEnter shell command

I have a similar issue (I think) in my setup. I use iterm2 on Mac to ssh
onto my ubuntu desktop, where I then use tmux with iterm2-tmux integration.

Here if I try to open vim with any file, a sequence that ends in ";2R" is
received by VIM as input and I end up in replace mode. The repro steps
above produces this consistently for me. I have a slightly simpler case
that this also happens for.

1. Add the following to example.vimrc

set nocp
au BufEnter * set ignorecase
2. Run vim -u example.vimrc

Interestingly, for me, this happens only when vim is opened, not when I
open new buffers.

Do you think this a bug with VIM or a bug with the terminal emulator?

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2014年3月19日 上午9:06:562014/3/19
收件者:vim...@vim.org

Comment #4 on issue 183 by br...@google.com: "[[2;2R" printed in messages
Patch 7.4.207 may fix this. Not sure, since I cannot reproduce the
original problem.

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2014年10月3日 清晨7:42:392014/10/3
收件者:vim...@vim.org
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 183 by chrisbr...@googlemail.com: "[[2;2R" printed in
messages area on BufEnter shell command
https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=183

I think this is fixed. If not please open a new issue.

v...@googlecode.com

未讀,
2015年8月2日 下午5:29:392015/8/2
收件者:vim...@vim.org

Comment #6 on issue 183 by dbarn...@google.com: "[[2;2R" printed in
messages area on BufEnter shell command
https://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=183

Still seeing similar issue as of 7.4.622, except in my case it appears at
the top of the buffer area instead of the messages area. I filed #390 with
details.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄